The Global Payroll Management Institute (founded in 2015) and the American Payroll Association (founded in 1982) combined to become PayrollOrg (PAYO) after more than 40 years of serving as the leader in payroll education, publications, and training. This change went into effect on May 2, 2023, to better represent our borderless global community of payroll leaders.
PAYO is the payroll industry leader in education, publications, and networking, helping its constituents grow their leadership practices and stay on the cutting edge of payroll industry standards. Each year, PAYO enrolls more than 100,000 participants from more than 100 countries in its training programs, and provides publications, newsletters, and resources to help payroll professionals maintain compliance.
What We Do
- Build knowledge. PayrollOrg is the authoritative source for education, training, certification, certificate programs, publications, and resources for payroll professionals worldwide.
- Promote recognition. PayrollOrg promotes payroll as a respected professional discipline and as an important strategic partner within organizations around the world.
- Foster community. PayrollOrg provides a community where payroll professionals engage with trusted industry peers to share expertise and network.
- Engage in advocacy. PayrollOrg represents payroll professionals before government agencies, resulting in a positive legislative and regulatory climate for the payroll industry.
- Educate the public. PayrollOrg provides public service education on payroll and employment issues.